OnBuy claims to be the largest and most trusted UK-based marketplace and has experienced huge growth over the last year. Due to the ever-increasing popularity of e-commerce platforms and consumers switching to online marketplaces, OnBuy has grown 800% year on year (as of January), beating last year’s sales figures in the first three days of 2021!
Read on to find out why you should be selling your products on one of the world’s fastest-growing online marketplaces!
Launched in 2016, OnBuy prides itself on offering a transparent selling service that puts small and large businesses on a level playing field. It now has its sights firmly set on unicorn status, which is only awarded to privately held start-up firms valued at over $1 billion.
6 benefits of selling on OnBuy at a glance
- OnBuy sells over 35 million products, spanning thousands of categories
- Puts small and large businesses on a level playing field, with very competitive selling fees
- OnBuy does not hold your money: subject to PayPal’s security checks, buyer payments will land straight in your PayPal account
- Sellers are covered by the PayPal Seller Protection scheme for eligible orders
- Promotes products to help sellers boost their sales
- OnBuy never competes against its sellers
5 benefits of shopping on OnBuy at a glance
- OnBuy’s online catalogue boasts millions of products
- Average rating of 4.7 out of 5 on Trustpilot, from over 25,000 customer reviews
- Customers can purchase anything on OnBuy swiftly and securely
- Seamless ordering and checkout processes, with a secure, encrypted PayPal checkout
- Customers are covered by the PayPal Buyer Protection scheme for eligible purchases
creating a level playing field for sellers
Having launched in 2016 as a dedicated UK site, OnBuy is looking to expand to other countries in the future to offer a ‘fairer alternative to marketplace giants’. OnBuy believes it spotted a gap in the market for online marketplaces to truly support SMEs (small and medium-sized enterprises) and create an equal playing field for its sellers, from small businesses right up to big brands.
simple seller packages
OnBuy has tried to make it as easy as possible for sellers by providing two types of packages — Standard, costing £19 a month, and Partner, at £39 a month — and a commission rate of 5-9%, depending on the product category. They have also created easy listing templates and API integrations with applications such as Shopify to streamline the upload process for sellers.
PayPal buyer and seller protection
A partnership with PayPal offers customers and sellers a better experience, according to OnBuy. The marketplace claims that checking out is simpler and more secure, but everyone can benefit from the PayPal Buyer and Seller Protection schemes. OnBuy does not hold sellers’ money — subject to PayPal’s security checks, buyer payments land straight into the seller’s PayPal account.
OnBuy is UK based
The OnBuy team is based in the UK, working from its headquarters in Dorset. OnBuy is proud of its claim of paying its fair share of tax, with no overseas offices diverting funds to other countries. The majority of OnBuy sellers are also based in the UK. Any sellers from outside of the UK and EU can join if certain conditions are met. Customers can see a seller’s address from their storefront by simply clicking on their name on a product page.
To find out more about OnBuy, visit its website. For help setting up your own OnBuy listings, contact us today!